Explore the new Oilfield Glossary

Look up terms beginning with:

water-bottom roll

1. n. [Geophysics]

The marine equivalent of ground roll. Water-bottom roll consists of a pseudo-Rayleigh wave traveling along the interface of the water and the seafloor. As the use of seabed receiver systems increases, noise from water-bottom roll has become more of a concern.

Share This